What’s the verb for making knurled knobs? I finally managed to borrow the tool needed from an old friend and colleague and got some work done on the knobs today. During the week, I have also completed the slotted plungers that the strings will run through.

Here are some pictures:

.<span class=

.<span class=

.<span class=

This last picture shows the tool itself. To make a “cross” shaped knurling, a tool with two wheels is used. I personally purchased that tool along with this one at the company I borrowed it from this week, but it was almost 20 years ago, so not surprisingly, we couldn’t locate it.

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *