As previously advertised, I got hold of some dry composite glide bearings. I have now tested them and it all works perfectly, even though the not yet knurled knob is aluminum. Once I get the intended threads (M6x0,5 mm as opposed to the current M6x0,75) it will be even better. Here are some pictures:
I have also been in touch with ESSDE here in town about getting a bunch of these made and am awaiting to hear what the damages will be. I have also reached out to some luthiers about getting Lacewood, which seems like an interesting choice for the body. It was not available in Sweden with any of the places that I have done business with in the past. Please let me know if you have any tips.